Thursday 3 May 2018

It's all balls...



In addition to the shock announcement from the Scandi superstars ABBA that they have recorded two new songs for a forthcoming performance tour featuring "avatars" of Benny, Bjorn, Frida and Agnetha, so more blockbuster news has arrived from Sweden! From today's Guardian:
Turks have reacted with undisguised glee to what many have described as an official – and certainly long overdue – confession from Stockholm that Sweden’s signature national dish is, in fact, Turkish...

"Swedish meatballs are actually based on a recipe King Charles XII brought home from Turkey in the early 18th century," [the official Twitter account administered by the Swedish Institute] revealed abruptly and for no immediately apparent reason.
I'm not bothered - I love a bit of Turkish meat, myself!

Speaking of which...


Mr Boz is evidently Turkey's answer to Ricky Martin. Like Our Favourite Latino I imagine he probably takes it up the pooper, too.

2 comments:

  1. As long as I can fit the balls in my mouth, I don't care what nationality they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but what about the lingonberry sauce..? Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]