Thursday 11 January 2018

As around the sun the earth knows she's revolving



I am heartily sick of the sight of Sellotape and boxes. It's not until one starts packing stuff up (for our impending move) that it becomes obvious what hoarders we actually are.

Time, methinks, for a moment of calm - and, as it's the birthday of Mary J Bilge [pun intended] today, I think this one - probably the only song I can actually tolerate of hers (purely because the late, dearly departed George Michael is on it) - fits the bill very nicely...


Now, if only the Demon Spawn upstairs would shut the fuck up (still crashing around and screaming at almost eleven o'clock!}, I would be completely de-stressed...

6 comments:

  1. What is that Sellotape thingy called? A tape gun? In any case, people have tried to teach me to use it but I can't get the hang of it and end up in a big mess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to venture over to YouTube for a tutorial! However, once you do get the hang of it, it is a time-saver (despite the occasional scag when the serrated cutting edge inadvertently catches the box or parcel). Jx

      PS It's called a "packing tape dispenser".

      Delete
  2. At least you'll soon be rid of them.

    In related news, we've just had a newborn move in below us. Turns out our flats aren't as well soundproofed as we'd believed; the neighbors were just quiet. Ah, well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gulp. I wonder if you'll just be shrugging your shoulders and saying "ah well" in a year's time..? Or cursing, swearing and banging on ceilings as we have been for the past three months? Jx

      Delete
  3. Still lots of stuff to do but I am looking forward to the move now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking a bit like a refugee camp in the front room, and the Demon Spawn were still going at midnight last night, so yes - I'll be very glad to get out. Still a couple of weeks of slog to go yet, however... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]