Sunday 29 October 2017

Mood music in a jugular vein



Hallowe'en's not even for another two days yet you'd hardly guess it, what with all the spooky costumes, animated spiders, skulls and fake blood that've been around all weekend. The shops look like a set from Rentaghost, and all radio programmes are doing "Hallowe'en Specials" - not least the ever-faboo Retro Cocktail Hour...

And here is a little promo for that very programme, as put together by the geniuses at another online favourite - Soft Tempo Lounge:

[Music: Morticia's Theme by Combustible Edison]

Eagle-eyed viewers will have noted a selection of "spooky" record sleeves pop-up during the video. And, because I love you, I have found them - so here they are, for your delectation!





Hope you're having a spooky Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I can't concentrate on anything now that you've mentioned Rentaghost! Like Nadia Popov, I must pop off to YouTube to try and find some clips of Timothy Claypole and Co.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the series in its early days, but soon grew out of it after Mr Mumford and Mr Davenport left. On researching the original cast, I was sad to find that they are all dead apart from Sue Nicholls and Christopher Biggins (Michael Staniforth sadly died aged just 44 of AIDS). Jx

      Delete
    2. Perhaps they're waiting for Sue and Biggins before doing a comeback show?

      Delete
    3. "'Cos we aim to shock, we hope your knees will knock, that's Rentaghost"

      Jx

      Delete
  2. Halloween is a holiday I can get behind. I love of course the Soft tempo lounge dear. Meanwhile the Halloween 70's party was a blast. I am thinking of just living in my costume now.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were you a vamp or did you just have your goolies on show? Jx

      Delete
  3. Some people prefer to celebrate Halloween on the weekend rather than the middle of the week, probably why you saw all the stepped-up spooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What with Hallowe'en, and pay day, and the extra hour at late-night venues thanks to the clocks going back, the weekend appears to have been complete bloody madness all round! Jx

      Delete
  4. The Dracula Cha Cha Cha is too fab for words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Non far più lo spiritoso
      qualcuno può arrabbiarsi e darti uno schiaffone"


      Indeed. Jx

      PS Apparently that means "Don't try and be funny, or someone might give you a slap." Oh, those Italians.

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]