Friday 31 March 2017

Ooh, ooh!



The weekend looms (although I am actually on leave today). We're off to the Nathan Lane adaptation of Sondheim's The Frogs tonight (its UK première), and tomorrow it's a trip to the wilds of Essex to visit Baby Steve and his houseboy Alex..

Although we are not expecting to see any displays quite as exotic as those at the RHS Orchid Show [above] that we went to on Tuesday evening, we still hope to come back with another load of fuchsias from one of the many nurseries in the vicinity of the boys to add to our burgeoning collection here at Dolores Delargo Towers!

Before any of that, of course, it's time to get the party started in our traditionally glittering manner - and what better than this club classic (newly arrived in our charts this week in - gulp - 1978)? With some of the cheesiest dancers this side of Legs & Co, it's the Michael Zager Band and Let's All Chant...


Thank Disco It's Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Good grief! Those dancers left almost nothing to the imagination. Where are the Safety Gays when you need them?!?

    I'm bracing myself for a fuschia explosion come The Very Mistress's Garden Photos Event later this year...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fully anticipate a fuchsia explosion myself - 29 out of 30 varieties have survived the winter, and I already have a shopping list... Jx

      PS the safety gays slunk off in horror.

      Delete
  2. the show sounds too complex for this simpleton, but you can let me know what you thought & maybe i'll be able to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're off to Essex for two days, but I will be posting a full review at some stage. Suffice to say, we loved it... Jx

      Delete
    2. In case you are still "champing at the bit", I have posted my review of The Frogs... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]