Monday 4 April 2016

And any barmaid can be a star maid if she dances with or without a fan



Apparently today in 1850 the City of Los Angeles was incorporated as a municipality. Any excuse, really, for a truly tacky spectacular...

And who better to provide it on this Tacky Music Monday than Holland's finest, the strangely dead-eyed Star Sisters - and their own version of Hooray For Hollywood? As well as spotting all those stars who were actually still alive when this was recorded in 1984, look out for the finale. It's something else.


As I lug myself around in my "big boot" splint (I went to the hospital today for a fitting), I think I'll avoid doing too many boogie-woogie moves.

Facts:
  • The sisters were formed out of the chorus of the loathsome "Stars on 45" that parasitised our charts in the early 80s.
  • Two of the group actually were sisters, so it wasn't a contravention of the Trades Descriptions Act.
  • One sister Yvonne Keeley was the girlfriend of Steve Harley in the 70s, performed backing vocals on Cockney Rebel's Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me), and duetted with Scott Fitzgerald on the song If I Had Words.
  • The other sister Patricia Paay was the first nude glamour model in the Dutch edition of Playboy in 1984.
  • The fate of the third "sister" remains obscure.
  • Star Sisters performed the end credit song on the Japanese film The Return of Godzilla.

2 comments:

  1. This should be a warning to anyone trying to light a set: caps with bills are just trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like the production budget was around 27 Euros. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]