Saturday 7 November 2015

My, my!


John-John as "Frida"

Our friend John-John's birthday was actually last week, but since he escaped the wet, foggy environs of London for sunny Seville last weekend, we are celebrating his "40-something-with-inflation-birthday" tonight instead (with a "Heaven and Hell" dressing-up party, to boot!).

So, by way of a (belated) birthday pressie, here's his fave band Abba in a couple of clever (and unexpected) mash-ups...

This one is listed as "ABBA vs Soft Cell"; I think it may well be "Abba vs Marilyn Manson", actually - but whoever or whatever, it's rather good! It's Tainted Waterloo:

[2019 UPDATE: gone from the interwebs, more's the pity]

And here's another rather odd choice; yet it works! Radiohead vs Abba - Creep (Takes It All):


Happy wotsits, John-John! You're so fucking special.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks doll. See you later. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be there! I doubt I'll be alone in choosing "Hell" as my theme... Jx

      Delete
  2. I don't care for Tainted Waterloo (you're right - it's a bit Marilyn Manson), but Creep (Takes It All) works very well.

    Have a fab time tonight, and happy birthday John-John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall pass your witchy greetings to him! Jx

      Delete
  3. Lovely to see you all last night. I had a fab time, even if my head is a little sore this morning :-).
    Happy B-day darling!!! Hils xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We rolled in at about 3am - needless to say, I am a bit "fuzzy" today. It was a great party! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]