Saturday 26 September 2015

Simply because you're near me













Happy 70th birthday today to the epitome of "cool", the magnificent Mr Bryan Ferry. Always a stylistic inspiration - not least to little ol' moi - he is acknowledged by many of the acts and singers performing today as one of their idols, and for very good reason.

Since way back in the early 70s his work with one of my favourite groups Roxy Music (perhaps the most ground-breaking of all bands of that era) is of course legendary.

Read my blog on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of Roxy Music.

However, Mr Ferry's solo career has also been extensive and varied. To celebrate his milestone birthday here's a selection of his (perhaps) lesser-known tracks.:




...and a couple of of his more recognisable ones:



Bryan Ferry CBE (born 26th September 1945)

2 comments:

  1. He was excellent when I saw him in concert a couple of years ago - and I love his latest album!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]