Wednesday 21 January 2015

Radiate...



Just got in after a day of hauling my arse (so to speak) to either end of London. Today I had a meeting in Wembley (north-west London, in the shadow of the very impressive National Stadium), which, thanks to the usual mayhem of technical problems on the Tube in cold weather and the rush hour took me two hours to get to - even though, as the crow flies, it's probably no more than six miles from Dolores Delargo Towers...

So, having spent all day in that bleak wilderness - and as Wembley's on a Tube line that would actually take me into town with one quick change - I thought I'd cheer myself up and finally get to see the Chris Stein photo exhibition Negative: Me, Blondie, and The Advent of Punk at Somerset House on the Thames before it closes on Sunday (last-minute, moi?), which was excellent. Of course.

As I am now in a suitably "Blondie-fied" mood, here's a rather natty little video tribute to Miss Debbie Harry that someone has put together, with the highly appropriate, and still haunting even after all these years, Fade Away And Radiate:


Read my feature on the Chris Stein/Blondie exhibition at The Dolores Delargo Towers Museum of Camp.

2 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]