Sunday 4 May 2014

The Power of Knob







We're back from Brighton, after a whirlwind visit (a celebratory one, thank goodness - I got the job in the restructure in work!), suitably ruddy from the brilliant sunshine, to find we could have gone to another intriguing event today (as reported by the BBC):
More than 5,000 people are attending a "knob throwing" competition in Dorset.

Other events include a knob eating contest, knob darts, knob weighing, and knob painting.

The Dorset Knob Throwing and Food Festival event in Cattistock involves participants tossing the locally made, spherical biscuit as far as they can.

The winner receives their winning biscuit and a plaque, while their name is added to a board in the village hall.
Which news, of course, has reminded me that tomorrow marks the centenary of that legend of amatory prowess - Mr Tyrone Power.

Being the tasteful individual I am, I thought immediately of this slice of '90s kitsch by way of tribute...


Happy Sunday!

Tyrone Edmund Power, Jr. (5th May 1914 – 15th November 1958)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job!

    As for knob eating, that's one area in which I excel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too, as long as it's not shaped like a biscuit. Jx

      Delete
  2. Congrats sweetie!!!

    I think that 20 Fingers had a much "better" song with "Lick It" - this one always got a little on my nerves, although we all agree with the lyrics, I'm sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Isn't that cute? An extra belly button.
      You need to put your pants back on honey!"

      Indeed.

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]