Tuesday 8 October 2013

There ain't no room for your sweet head



Thank heavens for our friends the marvellous Tingle in the Netherlands, the most esoteric electro band this side of The Moog Cookbook!

Trumpeting their latest appearance on some cooler-than-cool radio station out there in the ether yesterday, by chance they happened to remind me (via a playlist in which TITN were also featured) of a band - and its lead singer - that I (shamefully) have never featured here in the six and a half years this blog (in its various homes) has been in existence.

To make up for this omission, here's a double-bill of the ever-lovely Noosha Fox and her similarly-titled band Fox...



I absolutely adored Ms Fox and her gang when I was a nipper way back in the sultry mid-70s, and was not entirely surprised when she was cited as influential in not only the musical direction of Miss Agnetha Faltskog's solo career (she had a hit with Noosha's The Heat Is On), but also that of much later bands such as Bananarama (who covered S-s-s-single Bed) and even Goldfrapp (Alison has been channelling Noosha's style for an awful long time now).

There have been rumours for some years that Noosha Fox is due to release some new material, but as yet we are still waiting...

Noosha Fox article on the fab Dangerous Minds site.

4 comments:

  1. Great post - I had not heard "Only You Can" before. And I had no idea that "The Heat Is On" was previously recorded by Miss Fox. I do of course love the Bananarama cover of S-s-s-single Bed.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]