Thursday 3 October 2013

Can you show me where it hurts?



Another "totty of the day"!

The ever-gorgeous and totally camp Mr Jake Shears of the Scissor Sisters blows out 35 candles on his cake today...













Apart from his brilliant performances with the Sisters (we went to see them in Camden a few years ago, and we were thrilled by him, his voice, his dancing, and of course his nakedness...) Kylie's BFF Mr Shears - currently taking a break from the group - has contributed to some fine musical moments we all love:
  • His were the main vocals on Tiga's Hot in Herre, You Gonna Want Me, and What You Need from the brilliant album Ciao!.
  • Together with fellow Scissor Sister Babydaddy, he co-wrote with Miss Minogue her hit single I Believe in You; he and Kylie also co-wrote the Aphrodite album track Too Much with Calvin Harris.
  • Two years ago, he launched Tales of the City - the musical. Lord only knows what happened to it, but it never got very far...
  • Jake duetted with Cher on the track Take it Like a Man for her new album Closer to the Truth, released this month.
Here is the track that launched the lovely Jake on the British public almost ten years ago - the Scissor Sisters' controversial take on Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb, which I adore:


Happy birthday, sweetie!

Jake Shears (born Jason Sellards, 3rd October 1978)

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kylie's BFF! :) Great post as usual ♥
    xoxoMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie - I'll pass the message on to Mr Shears when I see him... Jx

      Delete
  2. cute as a bug!
    From what I hear, he used to live (and strip) down here once upon a moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time, any place, anywhere for Mr Shears to "flash the flesh", I reckon... Jx

      Delete
  3. Comfortably Numb by the Scissor Sisters remains one of my favourite singles of the last 10 years

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]