Tuesday 3 September 2013

There's no need to be unhappy









Notorious for being the first actress to bare her boobs on American telly, the showgirl-turned-Playboy model-turned-actress Valerie Perrine, whose 70th birthday it is today, confounded all expectations when she was nominated for an Oscar in 1974 for her portrayal of the sassy wife in the biopic Lenny (Bruce).

In her estimable career, Miss Perrine has worked with such greats as Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson, Robert Redford, Gene Hackman, Mel Gibson, Alan Arkin and Rod Steiger.

Shame then, that the only film I (and many millions of others) remember her being in is Can't Stop The Music with The Village People...





All together, now!


Valerie Ritchie Perrine (born 3rd September 1943)

3 comments:

  1. For some strange reason I have never seen Cant Stop The Music. Am I missing out on something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a similar way to Showgirls, Blood Beach Terror, anything by Ed Wood such as Plan 9 from Outer Space, Roller Boogie, or anything starring Zsa Zsa Gabor, it is "so bad, it's good"...

      Save it for a rainy day with a roomful of queeny friends and a crateload of booze. Jx

      Delete
  2. Why, your description does wet my appetite - I'll take your advice!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]