Wednesday 14 August 2013

Just what the world needs



From the BBC:
All 823 of Barbara Cartland's novels, including 57 previously unseen works, are to be published as a result of a new distribution agreement.

The collection includes 160 manuscripts the prolific romance novelist left behind when she died 13 years ago.

Branded The Pink Collection, 103 of those works have already been made available via the author's website.

It will be accompanied by The Eternal Collection, made up of dozens of existing titles, and a Spanish language collection.
Barbara Cartland official website

More Barbara Cartland at The Dolores Delargo Towers Museum of Camp

6 comments:

  1. 103 works and I've never read a single one.

    Am I missing anything? I'm tempted by the Etiquette Handbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot deny I have never been tempted to peruse any of Dame Barbara's works, with the obvious exception of her ill-advised venture into "music" (samples of which are available for the brave if you visit her entry in the Museum of Camp).

      Jx

      Delete
  2. a metaphorical
    multi-vitamin for the planet...
    how lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More a sherbert fountain for the planet, methinks... Jx

      Delete
  3. She did a musical album (I saw it only as an LP)in which she sings and speaks and sings-speaks about LOVE. To me, it is the very definition of CAMP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes - see my response to MJ above, and check out the link to my Museum of Camp blog... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]