Wednesday 13 February 2013

Don't change one hair for me



Another of our favourite screen beauties Miss Kim Novak celebrates her 80th birthday today!

I marked her birthday (which coincides with the recently-deceased Dorothy McGuire) last year with one of my by now notorious convoluted connections posts, and entered her as an "exhibit" in the Dolores Delargo Towers Museum of Camp to boot.

To salute the lady this year on this most auspicious of days, here's a highly appropriate song for this week of "St Hallmark's Day", a rather fine rendition of My Funny Valentine [featuring Miss Novak's vocals dubbed by Trudy Irwin] from Pal Joey:


Read a rather fab interview with the loopy Miss Novak from The Telegraph last October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]