Saturday 19 January 2013

Snow, Pauline Fowler and go-go girls



John-John, Hils, Crog, JB and I braved the snow yesterday to cross London for a tour of the soon-to-be-closed BBC Television Centre in Wood Lane. It was an absorbing (and emotional, given the wealth of memories associated with this unique building) journey through the corridors, studios and dressing rooms that will very soon be stripped out as the property becomes a new hotel complex.

We saw an amazing cornucopia of memorabilia, as you might expect...


Pauline Fowler's housecoat

Of course, the day did not end there, as John-John and I ended up at the "Elephant's Graveyard" (The City of Quebec) till the wee small hours. Needless to say I am not my shining best this morning, as Madam Arcati and I prepare to make another precipitous journey through the blizzards to visit his family in Brighton today.

We need some cheesy lounge music to wend us on our way, methinks, courtesy of an ensemble called The Eliminators and a faboo go-go-inspired video...


Visit Uncle Jerry's Pad for more lounge classics.

4 comments:

  1. We saw an amazing cornucopia of memorabilia,

    Pauline Fowler's Laundrette coat :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That alone was worth braving the journey across London for! Jx

      Delete
  2. I will not travel again unless that song comes with me.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]