Friday 7 September 2012

Barbichette moment again...



How does one follow yesterday's "Sylvester-fest"?

I know...

Back in March 2011 I made a magnificently camp musical discovery, and had to share. Some things are definitely worth repeating, so let us revisit that moment!

Here's the supremely talented Ritchie Family with what can only be described as what might have happened had the artistic designer of the Eurovision Song Contest somehow woken up from a drug-fuelled haze in a Paris discotheque in 1979 and decided to make a video...

Thank Disco It's Friday!


This clip is from a completely unknown (to the residents of Dolores Delargo Towers, at least) French disco movie by the name of Je te tiens, tu me tiens par la Barbichette, which roughly translated means "I've got you, you've got me by the chin hairs" - and also starred the Village People!

Bizarre...

5 comments:

  1. "Bizarre" is the word and why were they limping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This clip raises far more questions than I could ever answer, dear... Jx

      Delete
  2. Oh mon Dieu, there is so much to say about "Je te tiens...", Jacques Morali the composer and Jean Yanne, the director. Jacques Morali was the man behind the Ritchie Family and the Village People. He died of AIDS in 1991 but left quite a legacy : "YMCA", "In the Navy", Patrick Juvet's "Où sont les femmes / I love America" and the one and only Eartha Kitt "Where is my man". As for Jean Yanne, he is one of "Soyons-Suave" heroes. First a comedian, he turned singer then director : he directed 7 very dark parodies and you should definitely check clips from the one called "Chobizenesse" on Youtube, it has drag queens, showgirls with bazookas and Liliane Montevecci. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjnUhXC9dDc&feature=relmfu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. My. God. There certainly is a whole world of tacky music out there I need to discover! Thanks, cheri! Jx

      Delete
  3. I am going to burn in hell : that's Liliane MonteveccHi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]