Sunday 3 June 2012

Enter the Queen(s)



On this day of pageant, as Her Majesty heads a flotilla of hundreds of boats down the Thames in honour of the Diamond Jubilee (which I shall be watching from the dry comfort of Dolores Delargo Towers rather than brave the torrential rain and millions of wet onlookers), here are a couple of appropriate pieces, methinks...

Enter the Queens: Madonna, Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Jones, Freddie Mercury and more

And on a more subtle note (although it probably wasn't at the time!):


Gawd Bless Ya, Ma'am(s)!

Diamond Jubilee on the BBC

4 comments:

  1. might i get to the front of the line if i bring all my corgis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd already spotted you at the back of the Royal Barge... Sorry, that was Camilla. Jx

      Delete
  2. Somehow I doubt the queen will make an entrance like M did - but you never know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think at this stage of the game, Her Majesty deserves to enter St Pauls in a huge glittering construction attended by hundreds of hunky men in uniform. Oh, sorry, that's exactly what she will be doing tomorrow! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]