Wednesday 20 June 2012

And it's the memories of the shed, that make me turn red



A brief respite of sunshine today between storms; the gardens at Dolores Delargo Towers are full of flowers and looking lovely, and - work or no work - that makes me feel happy.

Funny enough, despite its rather contradictory emotional lyrics, I find this song always reminds me of happy days in summer sunshine. So I'm going to play it!

Let us enter the time machine again, and head back to 1998 - it's Tin Tin Out featuring Shelly Nelson, with Here's Where The Story Ends:


People I know, places I go
Make me feel tongue tied
I can see how, people look down
They're on the inside

Here's where the story ends

People I see, weary of me
Showing my good side
I can see how, people look down
I'm on the outside

Here's, where the story ends
Ooh here's, where the story ends

It's that little souvenir, of a terrible year
Which makes my eyes feel sore
Oh I never should have said, the books that you read
Were all I loved you for
It's that little souvenir, of a terrible year
Which makes me wonder why
And it's the memories of the shed, that make me turn red
Surprise, surprise, surprise

Crazy I know, places I go
Make me feel so tired
I can see how people look down
I'm on the outside

Here's, where the story ends
Ooh here's, where the story ends

It's that little souvenir, of a terrible year
Which makes my eyes feel sore
And who ever would've thought, the books that you brought
Were all I loved you for
Oh the devil in me said, go down to the shed
I know where I belong
But the only thing I ever really wanted to say
Was wrong, was wrong, was wrong

It's that little souvenir, of a colorful year
Which makes me smile inside
So I cynically, cynically say, the world is that way
Surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise, surprise

Here's, where the story ends
Ooh here's, where the story ends


I wonder whatever happened to Tin Tin Out? Or indeed Shelley Nelson?

[And no, 1998 was not such a terrible year. It's when I met Madam Arcati... xxx]

2 comments:

  1. You DO know that Mistress MJ is asking her readers to submit photos of their gardens?

    I'll be doing a big post in August showing off everyone's gardens so send me a little something and include a blurb about your garden.

    Click here to see last year’s gardening post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mistress! Just found your comment in the junk...

      I am looking forward to submitting photos of our extensive and landscaped gardens here at Dolores Delargo Towers for your prestigious exhibition. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]