Tuesday 21 February 2012

The Belle of Belem do Para



Today's very British celebration of Pancake Day has completely passed us by here at Dolores Delargo Towers.

In our ideal world, like the Latino countries across the globe, we would all be celebrating Mardi Gras instead! Every day.

In what I suppose was meant to be a nod towards this amazingly sparkling celebration, last week The Guardian featured a certain lady by the name of Gaby Amarantos, the Belle of Belem do Para, in their "New Band of the Day" column.

Hold on, say I - "new music"? "Tecnobrega"?

I don't think so - for I featured this particular Brazilian musical phenomenon, and the fabulous Senorita Amarantos, on this very blog way back in 2009!

Remarkable.

So here, for your delectation, is the lady herself:


We love her!

Gaby Amarantos official website (in Portuguese, of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]