Saturday 24 September 2011

Viva la Musica



It's time once more for a little update on the choons that have caught my attention of late!

And we open with what promises to be the next mega-smash across the world - the duet between the coolest of cool club girrrls Luciana (who I have featured here many times), and none other than the all-round-icon Miss Betty White!! I can't wait for the video, but here's the song...



It's not often that The Guardian becomes a source of inspiration in my eternal quest for new musical discoveries, but their recent feature on the exotically-named Zola Jesus and her forthcoming album Conatus certainly piqued my interest. And so it came to pass I discovered this slice of fabulosity - here's the magnificent Night from last year's Stridulum EP:


Next up, a rather classy little electro number by a fabulous band called Monarchy:


Moving up-tempo for a moment and towards club totty, here's one from DJ Tiesto (now confusingly calling himself Allure), with On The Wire, featuring the estimable - ahem - vocal talents of the rather cute Christian Burns:


And finally, this one I discovered courtesy of Gaydar Radio, and I was hooked straight away! Hilariously tongue-in-cheek, the latest from self-proclaimed "bad boys" LMFAO (incidentally the son and grandson of Motown record label founder Berry Gordy) has an equally sharp video - yes, boys and girls, I'm Sexy and I Know It:


As ever, enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. 'I'm still hot'. Betty White rules. I've posted it on facebook for all the menopausal women that I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The music video for "I'm Still Hot" is released in a week:

    http://youtu.be/cGcpQLdbT60

    I love the Monarcy track!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wait with bated breath for the video, dear, and will be posting it as soon as I get my sweaty little paws on it!

    I adore the Monarchy track, too - it reminds me of Heaven 17 and other such classy 80s productions... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]