Friday 9 September 2011

Night is young, and the music's high



Another weekend is in prospect... The weather is (as usual) uncertain, but we keep our fingers crossed that it stays dry for tomorrow night's annual flag-waving-fest, Proms in the Park! Despite the fact that bloody Westlife are appearing, I am certain the combination of good friends and copious quantities of booze will nullify the effects of the wetness of both the wet grass and the act.

Onwards and upwards, for today's little uplift to set us in the mood for the weekend is a song that celebrates its 35th birthday today. For on this date in 1976, the Swedish superstjärnas Abba were riding high at the top of the British charts with their seminal and enduring "drag queen classic" Dancing Queen.

And it still sounds fab - Thank Disco It's Friday!


Have a great weekend!

Read my tribute to Abba back in 2009

10 comments:

  1. Ooh ta chuck! That's warmed me cockles! J-Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guessed it might! See you later! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute classic. Have a great time (and do throw something at Westlife, wont you?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will enjoy it, whoever is on stage - apparently we have Rolf Harris, Katherine Jenkins, Russell Watson and Josh Groban all appearing as well, and of course our genial host Sir Terry Wogan! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE Classic Disco song. PERIOD! Cheers...have a Great weekend xoxoMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the Proms in the Park and I hope the weather is kinder than the Picnic last month - have a lovely weekend dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting via Thombeau and have clicked and saved your disco ball pic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MJ - borrow away! I borrowed it from elsewhere... Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow you linked my video haha, thank you!

    - YourMomsAThug :DD

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]