Tuesday 12 July 2011

"Once upon a time, there were three little girls who went to the police academy..."



Heavens! Cheryl Ladd - "Kris Munroe " of Charlie's Angels fame - is sixty years old today! Now that makes me feel old...

With the help of what appears to be quite a lot of surgery, Miss Ladd (née Cheryl Jean Stoppelmoor) is looking good (even if her eyes seem to have disappeared behind those enormous cheekbones)!

Never the world's greatest actress, I knew that after Charlie's Angels was cancelled in 1981 the lady's career gradually disappeared into a welter of schmaltzy US television mini-dramas and straight-to video movies - but apparently she was so popular Stateside she even got her own TV show. Bizarre. Who even knew she sang? (Apparently she was one of the voices on the cartoon Josie and the Pussycats!)


Nowadays she tends to divide her time between writing children's books and playing golf.

Many happy returns...

Cheryl Ladd official website

4 comments:

  1. makes a change from opening up Animal Sanctuaries - I did like Cheryl Ladd but as she'd replaced my favourite Angel I switched allegiance to Kate Jackson and then later Jaclyn Smith.

    She looks amaze-balls for 60 though

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fave was always "Kelly Garrett" (aka Jaclyn Smith) - who also sports a plastic face these days! - but then we always did have to have a "favourite" didn't we? Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaclyn Smith was in Loveboat too - the cruises we do are with Princess Cruises the liner behind the Loveboat series - they always show episodes of The Loveboat in the cabins - camp it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine that series is a lot camper than the actual cruises - my fave "Love Boat" episode is the one with Ethel Merman, Carol Channing, Ann Miller and Della Reese all trying to out-sing eachother on stage! We will never see the like again... Jx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]