Saturday 28 May 2011

Pop, pop, pop



As we head to Southend for a day by the (windy and grey) seaside, here are a few new musical snippets that have caught my attention lately...

Wow! A new (and quite fabby retro-sounding) single from Blondie! With this very odd zombie video, let's hope that Mother brings Debs and the crew back to the UK charts where they belong...


Next up, a haunting new song from Canadian warbler Austra:


I am so excited! Another new outing for the campest band of the 90s, Alcazar! Here is their new choon, a collaboration with some combo calling themselves Drum Beats - it is fabulous:




And to finish, a little bit of Baltic totty - the lovely Latvian Markus Riva with his forthcoming single How It Feels To Be A Man. I have heard the English version, and I think it sounds better in his native tongue (oo-er missus):


Enjoy.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love the tracks from Blondie and Alcazar, as you know. I look forward to check out the other two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Debbie's Dolly wig :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]