Tuesday 8 March 2011

I'll have my name in lights



Happy birthday today to my original electro guru, Mr Gary Numan!

I know I have blogged about him before - notably here, here and here, but...

...I couldn't resist posting this brilliant cover:


They say the neon lights are bright
On Broadway
They say there's always magic in the air
But when you're walkin' down the street
And you ain't had enough to eat
The glitter rubs right off and you're nowhere

They say the chicks are somethin' else
On Broadway
But lookin' at them just gives me the blues
'Cause how ya gonna make some time
When all you got is one thin dime
And one thin dime won't even shine your shoes

They say that I won't last too long
On Broadway
I'll catch a Greyhound bus for home they say
But they're dead wrong, I know they are
'Cause I can play this here guitar
And I won't quit till I'm star
On Broadway

But they're dead wrong, I know they are
'Cause I can play this here guitar
And I won't quit till I'm star
On Broadway


Gary Numan official website

3 comments:

  1. Am I the only one who can't comment on the above blog because the video is covering the comments button/link?

    I think Daniel Craig looks rather dishy in the make-up and gown once he loses the wig.

    Going to the concert on Friday for the Equals, with Annie Lennox headlining x

    ReplyDelete
  2. with regard to display problems, you only have to scroll up and down or hit "refresh" for the problem to sort itself - I need to let the gnomes of Blogger know about it. But unlike MySpazz at least it isn't a permanent glitch. These blogs look much better on Firefox browser for some reason...

    Jx

    PS have a great time at the concert with Annie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]