Saturday 29 January 2011

Come up and see me



Happy 60th birthday today to actress Ann Jillian. Who? I hear you ask...

Almost completely unknown on this side of the channel, Miss Jillian has been a long-running stalwart of daytime TV comedy in the US.

However, on investigation I found out that amongst her other achievements the lady was not only the original "Dainty June" in the Hollywood movie of house favourite musical Gypsy alongside Roz Russell and Natalie Wood, but she also received an Emmy nomination for her portrayal of another of our patron saints here at Dolores Delargo Towers, Miss Mae West - and for that, we salute her!

Frankie and Johnny:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]