Thursday 13 January 2011

Please look after this bear

It's nostalgia time again... For, happily, I find that the author Michael Bond is still alive and well and celebrates his 85th birthday today.

Who? I hear you ask...

Mr Bond, a former cameraman on Blue Peter, evidently had an affinity with the minds of children - for in 1958 he introduced the world to the adventures of Paddington Bear, the first of fifteen books in the series!

To celebrate, here is the opening episode of the animated series about the bear from "Darkest Peru", whose Aunt Lucy sends him to England, carrying a jar of marmalade. This was a programme that brightened my, and many other people's childhood. Enjoy!


NB Mr Bond also wrote another favourite children's TV series The Herbs, but I'll save that one for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]