Wednesday 3 November 2010

Marco, Merrick, Terry Lee, Garry Tibbs and yours truly



So tired of anarchists looking at me
Don't need their credibility.

Destroy
they say
Defy! Condemn!
As long as you don't destroy them.

With twenty years of drugs and drink
I thought the time had come to think
About standing up and saying that
It's a tragedy and such old hat.

Not a great day for a boy with an online passion for trivia and tackiness...

Firstly, our internet (and TV) went down again this morning, thanks to the gnomes at Virgin Media. It was still down when I got in this evening (after trying to avoid the Tube strike rush-hour mania by attending a new LGBT reading group in Islington Library). After a few re-boots it is (obviously) at last back again...

I went on to the web in work, and found that some bizarre individual, apparently masquerading as someone else, had decided his way of getting his rocks off was to post multiple videos as a blog comment on my MySpace profile - all of them a repetition of a news item about someone on Facebook who expressed their wish that all gay people were dead. Charmed, I'm sure. Thus I was not really in the mood today to do any more except block the cunt and log off again.

However, now that I seem to have lanced that particularly vile carbuncle, we at Dolores Delargo Towers feel the need to pay due homage to two of our icons, who happen to share a birthday today - the divine Adam Ant and the stupendous Scottish belter Lulu. Did they ever work together? Of course they did...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]