Thursday 2 September 2010

People dancing on the other side of a rainbow coloured disco


"A lot of the records we like are Italian. The thing about Euro Disco records it that they always sound like they're dead cheap. I think that's their appeal. They're a bit like punk records - they go in and get very excited by the most banal sounds... I think I genuinely like it, actually. I like it because it's obscure and also because it's fantastically unfashionable." - Neil Tennant
I have been in a particular mood this evening - and that mood is Italo Disco!

I have no idea why, but for some reason I had an urge for the buzzing sound of 4/4 electronic drum beats and "boom-booms", the cheesy and strangely translated lyrics, the godawful hairstyles, the dry ice, the glitter, the kitsch... I loved the 80s - enjoy!






Boom-boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]