Thursday 5 August 2010

'Cause I am your lady

Remember that spiky-haired warbler Jennifer Rush? She of the unmistakable opening lines to one of the 80s greatest power ballads Power of Love?

The whispers in the morning
Of lovers sleeping tight
Are rolling by like thunder now
As I look in your eyes

I hold on to your body
And feel each move you make
Your voice is warm and tender
A love that I could not forsake

'Cause I am your lady
And you are my man
Whenever you reach for me
I'll do all that I can...

Well she is back - and with a completely new head!



Looking remarkably like some ghastly offspring of Pete Burns and Donatella Versace, Miss Rush has nonetheless come up with a superbly catchy comeback single, Echoes of Love - enjoy!


Jennifer Rush website

4 comments:

  1. I still love that track - and I quite like Miss Rush in general, despite her rather creepy appearance in the last decade or so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fabulously OTT, isn't it? As for the lady herself, well she'd be great at a Hallowe'en party... Jx

      Delete
  2. I actually own every one of her albums...

    I wonder if she's doing anything right now, she might just be up for our party this weekend (although we are more celebrating our anniversary, rather than scaring children - I guess she could sing "The Power Of Love" and then pop outside for a quick scare...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why am I not surprised your anniversary is at Hallowe'en?
      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]