Sunday 11 April 2010

Songs du Jour

It is my tradition on Sundays to play something that fits the title of "Sunday Music". I may well succumb to that temptation later. However, much as I love to wallow in nostalgic, often cheesy and definitely tacky music here at Dolores Delargo Towers, there are always some new choons that catch my ear. Here is a selection of current numbers that get my feet tapping!

One of my recent discoveries is the lovely (and bizarrely named) Janelle Monae (unfortunately featuring some "modest" chap who calls himself Big Boi, who persists in trying to rap) with a catchy little ditty called Tightrope


Already on heavy rotation in my head, but only just released in the UK this week, is the latest from the lovely ladies of Bananarama:


How about the enigmatically titled artist known as "Him" with his 80s-sounding drag-tastic Icon Baby?


And there is always room for a new single by the utterly fabulous fierce ruling diva Jeffree Star! Get Away With Murder indeed...


Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]