Wednesday 10 March 2010

What I am is what I am



Happy 44th birthday today to the Texan chanteuse Edie Brickell, she of the Young Bohemians.

Little known facts about Edie:
  • She is in fact Mrs Paul Simon (yes that one!).
  • Her video Good Times was used by Microsoft on their Windows 95 installation disc, ensuring Ms Brickell's music was featured on billions of home computers.
  • She has collaborated with Martha Wainwright, Sean Lennon, Lou Reed and with Paul's son Harper.
This year saw the release of the first New Bohemians album for decades. However, it is for this much covered (not least by "Baby Spice" Miss Emma Bunton) slice of genius from 1989 that we love her the most:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]