Wednesday 30 September 2009

A real Contessa



Happy 62nd birthday today to the lovely model, actress, singer and former Mrs Dennis Waterman, the Polish aristocrat's daughter Miss Rula Lenska.

A statuesque beauty, she was famously the "face" of Alberto VO5, has made many appearances on the small screen (particularly here in the UK) and on the West End stage, and confirmed her position as "a friend of the gays" when she toured with The Gay Men's Chorus as their MC.

I once ran headlong into the lady's décolletage while she and then hubby were filming an episode of Minder in Cardiff - and my word, is she impressively tall!

It is, of course, for her starring role as "Q" in the kitschy cult 70s series Rock Follies that we love her the most - those glittery costumes, the boots, the hair! Many happy returns to one of my favourite beautiful ladies...

1 comment:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]