Monday 13 April 2009

Dispensing fol-de-rol frivolity

Now here's a neat little way of tying up three items in one hit.

My tradition here is to publish "tacky" music every Monday (don't ask me why, but it is, and I like it).

Ninety years ago today, the booming master of baritone musical theatre numbers, the late Howard Keel was born (and in his six decade career, set many hearts-a-flutter with his manly roles in films such as Annie Get Your Gun, Show Boat, Oklahoma, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and in his later years on TV in Dallas.)

And yesterday saw the anniversary of the birth of that ever-sparkling, tap-dancing phenomenon Ann Miller.

So what's more appropriate than this spectacularly tacky number (from Kiss Me Kate), a film that also just so happens to feature both Mr Keel and Miss Miller..? Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]