Sunday 16 November 2008

Complex?



Here's a convoluted example of the way my mind works. All over the press, radio and the web there's loads of reviews of the new film about terrorism in 70s Germany The Baader Meinhof Complex.

Thinking back I remembered a TV series from about 20 years ago that featured the gang - its graphic opening titles featured a notorious scene of a woman pushing a pram, forcing a car to stop. [A portrayal of the kidnap (and later the murder) of one of Germany's top businessmen Hanns-Martin Schleyer.]



I knew the series featured as its star the lovely Miranda Richardson, and after a bit of digging around I found it - the six-part BBC series called Die Kinder combined Miranda played an ex-Red Brigade member whose past catches up with her when her own children are kidnapped and held for ransom.

Unfortunately this excellent series has never made it to DVD so despite a lot of searching on the web, there are no clips available. If anyone has a copy, I'd be very keen to see it again!

But it gives me an excuse (as if any were needed) to feature some of the lovely Ms Richardson's memorable screen moments...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]