Tuesday 2 September 2008

Sweet pea and buttock-up



Madam Arcati does it again - a few random searches and up pops a little-remembered couple of gems from If They'd Asked For A Lion Tamer, a brilliant TV programme from many moons ago featuring the supremely talented Mr Dave Dale (one of the drag trio with HIH Regina Fong called the "Disappointer Sisters")!

Back in the early 1980s, this "sort-of-autobiographical" featurette had a profound influence on me, being in the middle of my own camp coming-out. I loved it - but as far as I was aware it never got to video, and I haven't seen it repeated on telly for years. So I was overjoyed when the Madame found these clips:



Incidentally, the song A Cottage for You and Me (Sweet Pea and Buttercup) was written by none other than the fabulous Kit & The Widow.

[How much do I want to see any or all of these superb artists on stage...?]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]