Sunday 13 April 2008

Sour grapes, maybe?



Estelle has made some sweeping digs at the British music industry lately, by claiming that white artists can't be credible if they do "soul" music. She took a particular swipe against artists such as Adele and Duffy because they are white.

Duffy, however, insists that when it comes to soul music, the colour of an artist's skin is irrelevant. "We don't live in the 1950s any more, we're in a multicultural country. If the talent and the desire is there, I don't really think it matters what colour you are," she said.

I am on the side of the Welsh diva. It sounds like sour grapes to me - just because Estelle's music has been unsuccessful over the years is, just maybe, because it is crap! She has a far weaker voice than Duffy's, and it is only because of the help of American Kanye West that she has hit the top of the charts at all...

Read more in the BBC Newsbeat article

Duffy on MySpace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]