Tuesday 3 April 2007

Love Me or Leave Me, or let me be lonely

Although this blog appears to be at risk of becoming a series of birthday celebrations, I would be in serious danger of forfeiting my Princess Points if I were to neglect the birthday today of every cinema queen's icon Doris Day...



With instantly recognisable numbers like Que Sera Sera, Love Me or Leave Me, Secret Love... her repertoire of middle of the road torch songs always makes me smile.

Although well into retirement (shame!) the songs of Doris Mary Ann Von Kappelhoff, who as Doris Day is always remembered as the sweet-voiced "eternal virgin", remain the soundtrack to many a gay boy's coming out.

All together now...

"Now I shout it from the highest hill!
Even told the golden daffodils.
At last my heart's an open door,
And my secret love's no secret any more."


A beautiful lady, and a true gay icon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]