Wednesday 25 April 2007

If they could see me now

"I've made so many movies playing a hooker that they don't pay me in the regular way any more. They leave it on the dresser."

Another of our favourite Shirleys was 73 yesterday! One of the great all-rounders, singer, dancer, Oscar-winning actress, author and total eccentric Shirley Maclaine still looks wonderful today...

Star of such classics as "The Apartment", "Can-Can", "Irma La Douce", "Steel Magnolias", "Postcards from the Edge", and of course one of my all time favourite musicals "Sweet Charity", the world would be a lot less fun without our Shirley!

If they could see me now
That little gang of mine
I'm eatin' fancy chow and drinkin' fancy wine
I'd like those stumble bums
To see for a fact
The kind of top-drawer, first-rate chums I attract
All I can say is "Wow-ee!"
Look-a where I am
Tonight I landed, POW!
Right in a pot of jam
What a setup, holy cow!
They'd never believe it
If my friends could see me now!

If they could see me now
My little dusty group
Traipsin' round this million dollar chicken coop
I'd hear those thrift shop cats say, "Brother get her!
Draped on a bedspread made from three kinds of fur!"
All I can say is "Wow!"
Wait till the riff and raff
See just exactly how
He signed his autograph
What a build up, holy cow!
They'd never believe it
If my friends could see me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]